JOB OFFER: Communication agent (graphic and multimedia profile)
Allied Neighbourhoods Against Violence Against Women project
Femmes du monde à Côte-des-Neiges is a feminist women’s centre located in one of Montreal’s most multicultural neighbourhoods. We invite you to contribute to this place of meeting, solidarity, mutual aid, exchange and rapprochement. Our work aims to promote the integration of all women into the community and encourage their civic participation. We campaign to inform and raise awareness of women’s living conditions and the defence of their rights. Femmes du monde in Côte-des-Neiges is a member of the R des centres de femmes du Québec.
We are looking for a versatile worker who will mainly assume the functions described below in connection with the Allied Neighborhoods Against Violence against Women project.
Description of responsibilities and tasks
- Participate in the creation of an awareness campaign on domestic and family violence inco-construction with women and community partners.
- Carry out various graphic projects according to the requests of the organizing committee (creation of posters or any other content deemed relevant, strategies for thesocialmedia,etc.)
- Support for various events organized as part of the project (technical support during webinars, panels or any other public activity)
- Actively participate in the development and execution of project communication strategies in collaboration with the work team and partners.
- Ensure the influence of the awareness campaign in our borough.
- Any other related tasks.
- Relevant training or experience (graphic design, multimedia integration, computer graphics, content creation, etc.)
- Mastery of editing software (e.g. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and/or Canva).
- Experience in similar projects.
- Knowledge of the Office suite.
- Ability to work with women from different cultural communities
- Good communication, synthesis and writing skills
- Creativity, rigor and initiative.
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Great versatility, adaptability
- Commitment to social justice and feminist principles
- Knowledge of the Quebec women’s movement and autonomous community action (asset).
- Contract 7 hours/week for 21 weeks until March 31, 2022 with possibility of extension
- Work schedule: hours/week (occasional availability evenings and weekends); possibility to work remotely, but in attendance for some meetings
- Salary: $35/hour
- Start date: October 4, 2021
Femmes du monde in Côte-des-Neiges subscribes to the principle of equal access to employment and encourages women of cultural diversity, women living with disabilities and Indigenous women to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please send your curriculum vitae and a letter explaining your interest in working in a multicultural women’s centre no later than September 29. Interviews will take place the week of October 4, 2021, Attn:
Selection Committee – Communications Officer
Women of the World in Côte-des-Neiges
6767 Côte-des-Neiges Road, Suite 597
Montreal, QC H3S 2T6
Are you new or a regular at the center ? Turn your center into a second home. The workers are here to welcome you, whatever your needs are. We look forward to seeing you !
Confidential listening by telephone or by appointment.
To stay tuned, you can also Check our Facebook page 🙂
By appointment Thursday SEPTEMBER 30 from 10 am to 6 pm. We want to celebrate the start of the session with an in-person get together. Looking forward to seeing you at the centre! Registration is mandatory for all our activities by telephone: 514-735-9027 or by email: email@example.com Partagez... / Share this...FacebookTwitterLinkedinSeptember 30 @ 10 h 00 min - 18 h 00 min
The fear of getting fat, the way women are representated in the media, plus many more discussions to mark this day. Come and share your opinions on these issues. At the centre! Registration required. Partagez... / Share this...FacebookTwitterLinkedinOctober 5 @ 14 h 00 min - 16 h 00 min